Reservoir Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delivery of Letters

Go down

Delivery of Letters Empty Delivery of Letters

Post  David Sprason CC Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Thornton Action Group Press Release.

The Thornton Reservoir Action group will be delivering over 5,500 objection letters to the offices of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council Friday 3rd April 09 at 12.00pm. The objection letters will be delivered on the back of a boat by a fisherman and 'Micky Finn the Trout' - the adopted mascot of Thornton Reservoir Action Group.

The group was established to object to the proposal to put a ten pitch permanent traveller site on the banks of this popular Leicestershire beauty spot. So successful has this campaign been, we would like to thank everyone who has given their time in helping us to save this jewel in the crown of Leicestershire's natural beauty.

'Micky Finn the Trout' said: " I am indebted to all these good folk who have sent a message loud and clear to those at Argents Mead that their proposal to ruin my home has had its chips. I used to fear the the press - as my worst nightmare was to end up as fish supper on the back of the sports pages. Now who is being flippant?"

County Councillor David Sprason a leading campaigner of the Action Group adds, " This is the beginning of the end of this ridiculous proposal. The Borough Council and the leadership cannot ignore people power: they have spoken loud and clear, only a fool would ignore it".

David Sprason CC

Back to top Go down