Reservoir Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impact on bird numbers

4 posters

Go down

Impact on bird numbers Empty Impact on bird numbers

Post  bretski Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 am

Here is a letter from a concerned resident

Click Here

Last edited by bretski on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

bretski

Back to top Go down

Impact on bird numbers Empty PRESERVE THORNTONS NATURAL BEAUTY AND WILDLIFE.

Post  snipe Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks to Andy for writing a fantastic letter!! Let’s make sure we all reiterate the points he has made to HBBC and stop a disaster before it happens. Thornton Lane must not be developed for any reason other than to extend the National Forest, preserve the local environment and protect its rare and magnificent wildlife. sunny

Regards

Snipe,

Local resident.

snipe

Back to top Go down

Impact on bird numbers Empty Re: Impact on bird numbers

Post  Admin Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:27 am

Snipe,

If you know of any wildlife groups / associations locally can you contact them & urge them to oppose the site. Hopefully they will contact their member lists who in turn will oppose the looming disaster.

Admin
Admin

https://thorntonforward.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  randers Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 am

Can one of the bird experts list some facts that can be part of my letter - things like which birds (or other wildlife) are rare but appear at that part of Thornton, which birds/wildlife are present at that part of Thornton but are otherwise unique to this part of the country, i.e. precisely what is going to be harmed. I want to quote such things because just saying "Thornton Res has bio-diversity, rare birds, wildlife unique to the region" are hollow claims without supporting evidence, and beg to be rejected. Are there facts that can be quoted?
Even better if supported or recognised by national authorities, such as rare bird numbers listed on RSPB or other records.
Thanks for any info you can give.

(On similar lines, I assume that people who have a level of expertise in those areas are gathering facts & figures on each of the potential areas for opposition to this - e.g. environmental, legal, 'proper council process', tourism impact, transport, etc. - so we can put a full and coordinated case forward that's as compelling and impressive as we can make it. Are the outcomes available somewhere so we can all be quoting the supporting facts for our arguments?).

Last edited by randers on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add request to share the outcome of work done by people outside of the wildlife topic.)

randers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum